Summer 2014 – The Hunt – Chapter 2

June 22, 2014
So, the hunt is back on.  Located a 1982 Stevens 47 in Pensacola, Fl.  Hopped on a flight to Florida early Tuesday morning, the 17th of this month. Left Detroit Metro at 6:30 a.m., landed in Nashville.  My connector to Pensacola from Nashville was cancelled due to mechanical issues…….so hung around Nashville until 4:30 p.m., then jetted off to Pensacola, arriving at 6:30 p.m….when I should have been heading back home….THANKS Southwest airlines.  They gave me a 200 dollar voucher, but that barely covered the hotel room and various sundry items, food etc….I had planned on a same day return trip.  So much for planning, I didn’t take any fresh undies, toothbrush…..you know the deal.  My arguing with Southwest has just begun…….more on that at some other date. So, our broker Dave Townley, who is from Annapolis, went straight to the boat, and were on it for about 2 hrs.  Just Dave and I, the listing broker is located about 2 hrs. from the boat.  A good thing.  We tore into things somewhat, and at about 10 p.m. decided it was time to go and eat.  Five Sisters restaurant in Pensacola has an awesome atmosphere, fabulous food…put it on your list.  Then, off to the Crowne Plaza where we bunked in for the night.  Very nice hotel, close to the boat. Moorame
Next morning, off to the boat, and we really went at it.  By the way, it was 93 in Pensacola, and very humid!  We tore the boat apart, about 6 hrs of checking, investigating and taking pictures.  She is worthy….and we will be proceeding with an offer later this week on her.  Dave the broker is prepping a spreadsheet and drawing up a draft explaining why our offer is what it is……exciting times once again. Anyway…back to flying.  We left Pensacola, headed back to Nashville to catch our connectors.  It was a little bumpy, but not bad.  Wednesday the 18th was Southwest Airlines birthday, so a free drink.  Happy birthday……. My connector flight was delayed due to weather……and I was soon to find out why.  The flight from Nashville back to Detroit was bumpy, well lit with lightning and not any fun.  The flight attendants were strapped in almost all the way, that’s how rough it was.  The wings on those jets sure bounce around in those storms! So….enough for now, Beth and I will keep you informed as to what happens in Chapter two.
We made an offer and did some (we thought) unsuccessful negotiating. So we headed off on Kewalo to see the North Channel. I threatened to put a block on yacht sale websites just so we could go north for the summer.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s